What Can Total Quality Management Do ?
TransWISH Indonesia successfully conducts Total Quality Management Training earlier this month of May. Just Like our Cost Reduction Strategy Training earlier, this training was followed by our client, a well known pipe producer. The company produce high quality uPVC/PE pipe since 1979.
Trainer for this training is our handsome trainer Mr. Fachri Firdaus. Training conducted from May 2-3rd 2018 at TransWISH Learning Center, South Jakarta. Also come from our sister company – Transafe Indonesia: Mr. Nando Lumelle from Training and Operation Department and Ms. Dini Latifa from Marketing Admin Department.
As usual, Mr. Fachrie’s class is always full of joy and fun.
You can check the training documentations here, full of fun so other employees also come to join in the picture.
First of All, What is Total Quality Management?
According to Wikipedia; Total quality management (TQM) consists of organization-wide efforts to install and make a permanent climate in which an organization continuously improves its ability to deliver high-quality products and services to customers. While there is no widely agreed-upon approach, TQM efforts typically draw heavily on the previously developed tools and techniques of quality control. TQM enjoyed widespread attention during the late 1980s and early 1990s before being overshadowed by ISO 9000, Lean manufacturing, and Six Sigma.
While Investopedia said: Total Quality Management (TQM) is the continuous process of reducing or eliminating errors in manufacturing, streamlining supply chain management, improving the customer experience, and ensuring that employees are up-to-speed with their training. Total quality management aims to hold all parties involved in the production process accountable for the overall quality of the final product or service.
So, What Are The Benefits of Total Quality Management ?
There are many benefits of practicing Total Quality Management I your company Either BIG or small, many business organizations has benefit from it.
According to ASQ, the benefit of Total Quality Management are as follow
- Strengthened competitive position
- Adaptability to changing or emerging market conditions and to environmental and other government regulations
- Higher productivity
- Enhanced market image
- Elimination of defects and waste
- Reduced costs and better cost management
- Higher profitability
- Improved customer focus and satisfaction
- Increased customer loyalty and retention
- Increased job security
- Improved employee morale
- Enhanced shareholder and stakeholder value
- Improved and innovative processes
While according to AccountingTools, The advantages of total quality management (TQM) include:
- Cost reduction. When applied consistently over time, TQM can reduce costs throughout an organization, especially in the areas of scrap, rework, field service, and warranty cost reduction. Since these cost reductions flow straight through to bottom-line profits without any additional costs being incurred, there can be a startling increase in profitability.
- Customer satisfaction. Since the company has better products and services, and its interactions with customers are relatively error-free, there should be fewer customer complaints. Fewer complaints may also mean that the resources devoted to customer service can be reduced. A higher level of customer satisfaction may also lead to increased market share, as existing customers act on the company’s behalf to bring in more customers.
- Defect reduction. TQM has a strong emphasis on improving quality within a process, rather than inspecting quality into a process. This not only reduces the time needed to fix errors, but makes it less necessary to employ a team of quality assurance personnel.
- Morale. The ongoing and proven success of TQM, and in particular the participation of employees in that success can lead to a noticeable improvement in employee morale, which in turn reduces employee turnover, and therefore reduces the cost of hiring and training new employees.
Since it can be incorporated in many aspects, there any plenty of benefits reaping when you practice Total Quality management in your businesses.
How TransWISH Indonesia Help Your Total Quality Management Training Program
As said above, companies may benefit from TQM training since it will Reduce defects, Increase morale, increase customer satisfaction and reduce cost. Practice it carefully in the company and it will grow the company even further.
TransWISH Indonesia can help your Total Quality Management program by consulting Sessions. This program will make companies assisted by our experienced consultants. Or, to gain insights and awareness to more people, we can do in house training at your premises.
Call your favorite TransWISH Indonesia Training Advisor Now.